As the Community Hall is not available for our Annual Thanksgiving Dinner this year we have planned A “Giving Thanks” Potluck with Music.
In the new venue of the Gabriola Golf Club we will celebrate with a new and fresh spirit.
- our location, as the Community Hall was not available
- the presence and assistance of Clubhouse staff who will provide a cash bar for those who enjoy a glass of wine (leaving our own bottles at home)
- live music on the theme of ‘Giving Thanks’ in place of the traditional fundraising atmosphere of auctions and bake sales
- No need to bring plates and cutlery as these will be provided by the Golf Club
- the warmth and welcome of a social time together
- a donation at the door to help cover the expenses
- an opportunity to purchase or renew a $10 GES membership
- turkeys donated by Eric and Sue Boulton of Somerset Farm and cooked by GES members
- bringing a favorite dish to add to the festive potluck meal and labeling it ‘vegetarian’ ‘vegan’ ‘gluten free’ and so forth, as needed
- Coffee, tea and punch provided
Please join us on Sunday October 29 2017 as we Lift our Spirits and Give Thanks for our many blessings. We will celebrate together with food, friendship and music.